If you are having trouble with the NIH Toolbox app and are considering deleting the app as a fix, we recommend trying the following steps first.
1. Download / Export all collected data. This step is critical. If the NIH Toolbox app is deleted prior to downloading/exporting all the data, the following data will be lost and unrecoverable:
- Assessment data and results
- Participant profiles
- Audit logs
- Custom batteries
Downloading/exporting your data provides you the ability to access your assessment data/results after the app is deleted. The participant profiles and custom battery settings will need to be reentered when you re-install the app. Once you have ensured your data is safe, you can continue to step 2.
2. Force stop / restart the NIH Toolbox app. To quit the app, go to the iPad's home screen, swipe up, then close the NIH Toolbox app. Then reopen the app.
3. Restart your iPad. To do this, press and hold the top button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider, then wait for your device to turn off. To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo. Please note that these are general steps; please refer to Apple for steps for your iPad model.
4. Check for app updates. To do this, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available. If an update is available, please install it before deleting the app.
5. Check for a software update for your iPad. To do this, go to your device Settings and scroll down to "General". On the right side of the screen, locate and tap "Software Update". We recommend keeping your app and iPad updated to reduce potential issues.
6. If you have performed all the above and the issue continues, we suggest you contact Customer Support for additional assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the in-app Contact Us feature.